Saturday 17 November 2012

Laptop restarts after shut down problem...solved

Recently I had problem with my laptop. whenever I shut it down or hibernated, it restarted again. After a few hours searching the internet, I was amazed to see so many people had this problem.
The solutions I found were ranged from changing LAN settings to flash the CMOS, or to restore your windows, and even reinstall the operating system.
The problem they said, was in 'not shutting down properly' which usually happens  when you do 'hibernate'. Anyway the solution which I tried and worked for me is to install a software named "RefreshPC, and that's it.
Apparently that software just restores some registry keys to their default values, resets some services  to their default settings, and removes some temporary files.
here's the link:

http://www.xp-smoker.com/refreshpc.html



No comments:

Post a Comment